Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County
Book a Meeting Room
We have available meeting space at both the Main Library and the Schiappa Branch, located on Mall Drive in Steubenville. When the library is not using these rooms for our many educational and entertaining events, we do allow groups to rent the rooms for a one-time use fee of $25.00. The rooms are free to any non-profit, tax exempt organization provided you supply the library with your non-profit tax ID number.
Before requesting to use the Meeting Room:
- The primary purpose of the Meeting Room is to promote library services through programs, meetings and other library activities presented and or sponsored by the library system.
- When the Meeting Room is NOT in use for library activities, the space will be available to the public for meetings of no less than 12 persons, nor more than 60 persons. Access is provided on equal terms, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. The library does NOT advocate or endorse the viewpoints of any group or individual.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission fees may be charged. No products or services may be solicited or sold in the meeting room or on library property. No collections may be taken.
- Meeting room programs must not interfere with library operations. Music, singing, dancing and/or loud noises will not be permitted.
- The use of the meeting room for private social functions such as parties, card clubs and receptions are not permitted. All functions must be held within regular library hours of operation.
- The Meeting Room is intended for specific events rather than regularly scheduled, on-going meetings. The meeting room may not be used by an organization more than four (4) times per year. The room can be reserved up to 60 days in advance. The room MUST be reserved at least seven (7) days in advance.
- An application form must be completed by someone more than 18 years of age. The library system is NOT responsible and assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto the library property or for injuries which would occur as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in the Meeting Room.
For a full list of rules and regulations, click here.
If you would like to be considered for the Meeting Room, please call the Schiappa Branch at (740) 264-6166 or fill out the form and someone will respond to you within 48 hours.
Meeting Room Request Form
"*" indicates required fields